unpatch is the instrument manager. With it new instrument are loaded into the current session. All connected peers have control over all instruments of a session. Anyone can load any instrument, anyone can close any instrument.
unpatch’s user interface
- saves current state (with the state of each instrument in the session) to file
- loads a previously saved state from file into current session. Please mind that this closes all instruments of the current session.
- upper scroll list (available instruments)
- The upper scroll list lists all available instruments which are found in the directory configured in instruments path in netpd-preferences. Instruments are loaded into the current session by clicking on their name.
- lower scroll list (active instruments)
- The lower sections shows all instruments currently in use. Each instrument gets a unique ID assigned which allows to load many instances of the same instrument.
- When enabled, unpatch is printing information about up|down|loading and closing instruments to Pd’s console.
unpatch’s command interface
- create a new instrument from template. Replace
<instrument>with the name of your new instrument. The new instrument contains all the boilerplate required for a working instrument and illustrates the usage of some of the available netpd-abstractions. Read some more about instrument creation.